BES - Using IE10 & Windows 8 with BES
If you have the requirement for running the BES Business Service Dashboard (BSD) on Windows 8 and Specifically IE10 the following configuration changes are required:
- Ensure .Net Framework 3.5 is enabled via Control Panel -> Program and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off
- Ensure Latest TrustInterlinkSoftware.exe has been run as administrator via right click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Ensure latest signed .Net DLL’s are on BES Server
- Via execution of C:\Windows\regedit.exe applicatio. Add a DBWORD value of 1 under the name ‘EnableIEHosting’ to the following paths:HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework (32bit)
- Ensure BES server running in local intranet zone. You can check the zone from the ‘IE10 Menu bar : File->Properties’
- Disable FIPS compliance mode as this affects isolated storage used by some .Net components. This can be done under the group policy editor. Its located under Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options and is called System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing.