There are several ways and levels debugging can be enabled on message channels.
1. Admin Console
To turn debugging on/off for a message channel via the BSD Admin Console, open the Admin Console and perform the following:
- In the tree view on the left-hand side, navigate to Message Channel Management > Edit Message Channel
- A list of all the Message Channels is shown, select which message you would like to place in debug and click Select
- In the Message Channel details, set the Debug flag to Yes and click Proceed on the next two pages
The POWERpackTrans is a global configuration transformer and the configuration file, POWERpackTrans.cfg is located in $PPHOME/cfg. To create a POWERpackTrans.cfg for an individual message channel and set a specific debug level, perform the following:
- Open an SSH or PuTTY session to the BES server and login as ppadmin
- Navigate to $PPHOME/cfg
- Enter the following command (replacing mcname with the name of the message channel
cp POWERpackTrans.cfg POWERpackTrans_mcname.cfg
- Open the new POWERpackTrans_mcname.cfg file and uncomment the following two lines (remove the '#' characters):
- Set s_debuglvl to level 255:
- Save the file and then recycle the message channel.