Depending on the version of PostgreSQL running on the BES server, the BES Console requires a PostgreSQL ODBC Driver to be installed on each client machine using the BES Console. To install a PostgreSQL driver and the BES 3.7 Console, perform the following:
1. On the Console 'setup.exe', right-click and select 'Run as administrator'
Note: Even if you are logged in as an administrator user, you must right click and run the application as administrator, otherwise certain configuration files are not updated correctly.
2. Follow the Windows installer instructions.
3. Once the BES Console is installed, download the latest PostgreSQL ODBC Driver from here.
4. Once downloaded, extract the psqlodbc_09_xx_xxx.zip file and run 'psqlodbc.msi'
5. Once installed, restart the BES Console.
If you experience any problems connecting the BES Console to a BES Server after running the install, there are a couple of server and client checks that can be performed. See here for more information.