When BES is connected to an external Database, BES Console is unable to connect to either the BES Server or the Database Server. BES Console may throw up errors such as:
Error: 'Unable to determine server software level' or 'Database details incorrect'
- Define the Connection for the BES Server in BES console.
- Once the BES Server has been defined launch the BDE Administrator GUI (This can be done by searching for BDE Administrator or navigating to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE' and click on 'bdeadmin')
- This will then load the BDE Admin GUI, from the list on the left ('Databases' Tab) Select the BES Server
- Once the BES Server is selected, In the 'Definition' Section change the 'ODBC DSN' To the Hostname of the Database Server
- Once the Hostname has been set to the Database Server close the BDE Admin GUI
- Now open BES Console and login to SMARTView using the connection defined