When BES is connected to an external Database, BES Console is unable to connect to either the BES Server or the Database Server. BES Console may throw up errors such as:
Error: 'Unable to determine server software level' or 'Database details incorrect'
- Define the connection for the BES Server in the BES Console.
- Launch BDEadmin (This can be found by searching for it or navigating to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE and opening bdeadmin
- In BDEadmin at the top, click Object > ODBC Administrator
- Find the BES Server you are trying to connect to, click it and then press Configure on the right
- Change the Server input to that of the External Database's
- (OPTIONAL) Input the Users password and click Test to check that teh connection will be successful
- Save the changes made and restart your BES Console
- Connect to the BES Server that you just re-configured