- Starts as a daemon and runs as a background process.
- Stopped via the ppStop command. Started via $PPHOME/bin/ppmd.
- Invokes auto-start Message Channels and Daemons at BES startup.
- Monitors the Message Channels and Daemons via their pid numbers every second, via the mcmon and dmon processes respectively.
- Process pidfiles are stored in $PPWORK/ppmd(<name>.pid), as a process starts. Database s_pidcolumn is also updated for each process (ISS_PP_MCcomp_Table).
- If the pid is no longer running and the auto-start MC or Daemon has not been stopped manually (via ppStopcommand), then ppmd(via dmon/mcmon) restarts the process within: 10 seconds for Daemons (indefinite retries) or 60 seconds for Message Channels with a maximum of 10 retries
- For each process started, a monitor process is started by ppmd:
Daemons monitors are dmon and Message Channels monitor process are mcmon
LOG: $PPLOG/ppmd/ppmd.log. A new log is created every time ppmd starts. A maximum of 10 logs are kept (ppmd.log.n) with a maximum size of 5MB.